(No. of years, Specialized Field if any) Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience as a Service Desk lead & delivery
Education and Qualifications Required
As a minimum, Certified degree in Computer related field such as Computer Science or Engineering.
Recognized certifications such as ISO 2000, ITIL Certification program, communication skills, CompTIA Network + etc. preferred
Any Additional Requirements (Language skills, Computer Skills)
Advanced working knowledge of dealing and working with Knowledge MGMT, Problem MGMT, Incident MGMT, Service MGMT, Vendor MGMT,..etc/
1. Role and Responsibility
- Receive service request from Users via telephone, helpdesk portal or email.
- Receive Incident request from Users via telephone, helpdesk portal or email.
- Log service request/incident tickets,
- Perform incident classification, prioritization, correlation with other reported incidents, and matching against known errors.
- Record all required incident details on the incident mgmt. system.
- First level support to attempt to resolve the incident, use remote control if necessary for incident resolution.
- Functional escalation in case the service request completion times exceed the agreed service levels.
- Notify Users about major system/ network outages, in most cases, the outage notification templated is filled b IT operations or applications teams then emailed by the service desk staff to the appropriate distribution list in English.
- Responsible in creating images for new laptops/desktops with up-to-date software and security applications.
- Provide the Printer/Fax support and services.
- Provide investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware/software problems and escalate to second level in accordance with Help Desk escalation processes.
- Preparation of new PC/Notebook computer for deployment, including the unpacking, installation of applications and clients as per the user requirements, setting of operation system up to date user profile PC BIOS parameters.
- Maintain overall ownership of user’s issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a reasonable timeframe.
- Support the following technologies which not limited to following: Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint. Other: NIC’s, basic LAN/WAN connectivity (Network Troubleshooting)
- Maintain the communication (telephone calls/emails) in professional manner with quality & satisfaction.
- Facilitating First Line IT Support.
- Resolving the Service Desks Requests within promised SLA Period.
- Distributing/Replacing the Laptop in quick manner without any data loss.
- Keeping Printers and other IT Services available all the time within the SLA and KPI.
- Coordinating with Internal Facilitate Management to complete IT involved projects.
- Managing Printer Server and provide required access for users.
- Provide support on resetting user account passwords and unlock accounts.
- Managing the inventory for Laptops/Desktops & Printers.
- Provide support for meeting rooms services audio, video, and internet.
- Manage the list of IT assets with ownership, location, and classification in line with ISO 27001:2013, ISR, DESC and Financial Audit Authority.
- Familiar to work with the SPAN system for asset registers.
- All asset management functions of the physical IT component from acquisition to disposal.
- Perform a periodic review and update the list, based on the addition or deletion of assets to the production IT environment using the appropriate IT asset management tool.
2. Ensure Security and prevent Malfunctions
- To maintain a secure client operating platform, including client operating systems, security updates and anti-virus and anti-spam updates
- To monitor system performance, capacity and utilization and take corrective action, and raise it to the line manager.
- Ensure that all services and systems are secure by maintaining the latest patches and updates in compliance with the approved security policy and standard.
- Security Management services, performs functions related to security including standard server virus repair, coordination, and internal checks.
3. Provide System maintenance and monitoring
- Daily System Health Checks. If any issue identified, to be fixed.
- Provide an automated weekly/ monthly / quarterly reporting to Line Manager.
- Provide weekly and monthly SLA reports with propre justification in case of SLA violations if any.
- Maintain the adoption of the policy and procedures across the function.
- Top mgmt. report of exciting project and KPI.
- Develop skills and acquire additional knowledge appropriate to the position on an ongoing basis
- Keep abreast with the latest updates that may be significant to the area of work