Location: – Onsite, Dubai
No. of resources- 1
Java backend developer is responsible for curating the structure of server-side information. Backend Engineers primarily write server scripts and API’s to be utilized by front end engineers and UX designers. The day to day consists of optimizing servers for speed and stability, implementing security structures, generating reusable code libraries and generating data storage solutions.
Java backend developer will also be responsible for writing the web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application developers. And he is responsible for server-side web application logic as well as the integration of the front-end part.
Backend engineer will support in:
- Generate reusable code libraries and REST/SOAP api’s.
- Implement ongoing security systems
- Attend regular meeting with the front-end team to expose weaknesses and problems
- Routinely inspect server code for speed optimization
- Conceptualize and implement solutions for data storage
- Configure usability of all front side applications
- Maintain a stable server with zero downtime
- Keep a backup library before any large changes to server
- Be involved and participate in the overall application lifecycle
- Main focus on coding and debugging
- Collaborate with Front-end developers
- Define and communicate technical and design requirements
- Provide training, help and support to other team members
- Build high-quality reusable code that can be used in the future
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Learn about new technologies
- Stay up to date with current best practices
- Manage cutting-edge technologies to improve applications
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, developers and system administrators
- Participate in conferences and educational programs
- Follow new and emerging technologies
- Analytical Skills: Must be able to analyze complex systems and develop appropriate blueprints to make it understandable and usable.
- Communication Skills: Must be an effective communicator.
- Team Building Skills: Must be passionate about building strong, self-sustaining engineering teams.
- Collaboration Skills: Must be energetic, open and collaborative across all teams and roles.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Agile Skills: Must have a strong understanding of Agile development principles and tools. Be passionate about failing fast and constantly iterating.
- Development Skills: Must have a strong understanding of software architecture and design patterns.
KEY BEHAVIORS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Able to work through ambiguous requirements and make decisions to push forward.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Top-notch organization skills, including information architecture
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Ability to multi-task daily and manage time efficiently
- Ability to meet project deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to foresee and identify potential problems for as well as solicit suggestions for improvement
- Strong desire to produce quality work/results
- Attention to work processes and standards
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 6 years of work experience as a Java Software Engineer, Java Developer or similar backend engineer role
- Experience building Java EE, Java Spring boot API implementations
- Strong understanding about REST, SOAP and HTTP standards.
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Design (OOD) is a must
- Good knowledge of popular Java frameworks like JSF and Spring MVC
- Experience in other backend technologies like python, node js is a huge plus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good understanding about the data structures and algorithms is a must
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field