Experience: 7+ years
No of Resource: 1 No.
Availability: Immediate joiners only
Company: Emaar Properties PJSC
Department: Information Technology
The Engineering Lead works as a bridge between product and engineering teams. This role uses customer input and information from key business stakeholders to design or re-design, develop, test and implement complex applications.
The Engineering Lead will work across one or more Business Units.
The Engineering Leadwill:
- Run agile project management processes
- Conduct code reviews and make technical contributions to product architecture as well as getting involved in solving bugs and delivering small features.
- Work on large-scale, high volume applications.
- Have a deep understanding of software quality and what it takes to construct resilient and impactful solutions.
- Foster technical decision making on the team, but make final decisions when necessary
- Author project plans for epics
- Mentor and develop engineers along their personal development path
- Analytical Skills: Must be able to analyze complex systems and develop appropriate blueprints to make it understandable and useable.
- Communication Skills: Must be aneffective communicator.
- Team Building Skills: Must be passionateabout building strong, self-sustaining engineering teams.
- Collaboration Skills: Mustbe energetic, open and collaborative across all teams and roles.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view.
- Agile Skills: Must have a strong understanding of Agile development principles and tools.Be passionate about failing fast and constantly iterating.
- Development Skills: Must have a strong understanding of software architecture and design patterns.
Key Behaviours And Personal Attributes
- Able to work through ambiguous requirements and make decisions to push forward.
- In-depth experience with Ruby on Rails, Go, and/or Git.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience operating medium to large scale systems.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
Qualification & Experience
- BSc degree in Computer Scienceor Business Information Systems or a related field.
- 6+ years of engineering (software development) experience.
- Strong experience in front end technologies like React Native, ReactJs, Angular, HTML5, Bootstrap, PHP etc.
- Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production.
- Extensive “full stack” software delivery experience across multiple disciplines.
- Knowledge of CI/CD frameworks.
- Heavy exposure and implementation experience in modern technology, architecture and automation patterns.
- Experience with Java, Spring, Camel, and Kafka
- Experience with API architecture and cloud-ready development (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Hands-on development, DevOps and Agile delivery skills.
- Contribution to the Open Source community is desirable.