Location: Onsite, Dubai
Reporting To: Network Manager
- The role of the Network Quality Assurance Test Engineer is to perform functional and performance validation of Wi-Fi, GSM, Parking guidance and other Wireless Technologies at various locations across all Business Units serving employees, partners, and customers for flawless connectivity user experience.
- This position will primarily be focused in a multitude of test environments which include Shopping Malls, Parking areas, Hotels, Communities in Commercial & Residential properties, and Telecom Network environments. The candidate must be able to work independently.
- The engineer will be responsible to prepare and test different test strategies using various methodologies to ensure best quality in network connectivity for customer product line up.
- The engineer will work closely with Field support, Service Desk Technicians, Network engineers & vendors to troubleshoot problems and quick resolution with wireless technologies.
- Develop and run test cases, test plans, and detailed documentation to check wireless connectivity and accurate wireless performance.
- Collect signal strength (4G / 5G), mobile data performance, mobile network latency, voice call KPIs etc along with GPS coordinates.
- Check parking guidance sensors, indoor and outdoor parking space displays, “Find my car” system
- Strong ability to find and articulate hardware, software, and platform defects with detail, and excellent verbal/written communication skills while working with local/remote field support, Network engineers’teams to help understand issues.
- Manage inventory of all assets and making sure that modifications, withdrawals, and additions of existing ones are correctly recorded by the teams in Asset Management Tool.
- Take part in various projects including new sites implementation.
Qualifications And Experience Skills
- Bachelor degree required within the field of IT or Electrical Engineering and equivalent work experience.
- System-related professional certifications like Comptia IT Fundamentals & Network+ etc. are desirable
- 6+ years of IT support mainly in the area of field support
- Solid understanding of 802.11 WLAN/Wi-Fi (a, b, g, n, ac, ax) and/or Bluetooth (BT classic, BLE, BT5.0) including WIFI 6
- Hands-on experience in network Wi-Fi analyser and working knowledge on Cisco Systems, Aruba & Huawei wifi technologies.
- A sound knowledge in networking configurations including wireless, GSM technologies.
- Experience in Wi-Fi and/or BT Functional testing, Performance testing, and Stability Testing.
- A sound knowledge of Performance test methods and tools, e.g. – IxChariot, Spirent, Octoscope, Ixia, etc.
- Be able to work as part of a team, including the ability to develop new working relationships, share knowledge and work with colleagues within the team to meet service standards.
- Be able to manage your own workload while working on multiple projects with multiple priorities where priorities and circumstances often change.
Internal: Network Manager, Service Desk Manager, Infrastructure & MSP Head