No of Resource – 1 No.
Availability – Immediate joiner only
Location: Onsite – Dubai
This role sits within the Group Information Technology Division, specifically as a member of the PMO
team. The PMO Analysts must provide flexible project and programme management office (PMO)
support services across the Projects Portfolio. PMO support services are defined as part of the IT
governance framework and will be flexed depending on the size and complexity of the project,
programme, or operational initiative. PMO Analyst is required to specific portfolio work items, and the
level of support provided, and specific deliverables are agreed for the duration of this assignment.
In addition, PMO Analyst should be able to provide guidance in specific PMO service offerings such
as Risk Management or Planning. They may also be called upon to deliver distinct change deliveries
to support the programme or project delivery in addition to supporting overall adherence to standards
and processes within the change delivery lifecycle and governance framework.
PMO Analysts provide direct support to the work item lead, such as a Project or Programme
Manager, or member of the Informatics management team. This support will cover:
Programme or Project Administration
- Effective coordination of, and support to, key governance meetings and events
- (e.g. Project and Programme Boards), including scheduling, diary management, timely
preparation of support materials to defined standards, such as agendas, status reporting and
specific presentations, accurate minutes, and the publication of pre-reads and tracking of
associated decisions and action updates.
- Establish and maintain documentation repository with appropriate configuration management
of key documents and artefacts, to protect delivery integrity.
- Maintenance of project or programme team details such as clear team organisation chart with
identified programme or projects roles, responsibilities, and contact details.
- Provide guidance to programme or project team members to ensure the application of
Informatics standards, tools and techniques to facilitate effective and consistent delivery
standards. This would include use of correct template and formatting, proactive identification
of upcoming governance requirements and deadlines.
- Acting as first contact point on behalf of team, providing accurate signposting to support
requests for information, and escalating delivery status changes or concerns to the project or
- Support the application of standard project and programme support techniques, including but
not restricted to: Lessons Learned, project or programme set-up, planning, RAID, change
control, benefits tracking, project or programme closure, procurement support.
- Competent application of project and programme risk and issue management methodology.
- Ensures regular review and update of RAID Log to meet governance standards and reporting
- Able to undertake analysis of RAID status, verify detail, and provide succinct overview to
support reporting requirements.
Reporting and Management Information
- Timely and effective preparation of key governance reporting requirements to support
programme or project manager.
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of information to meet internal and external
- Supports the timely population of key MI data feeds, such as the Plan, Programme or Project
Status Reports, Resource Forecast Reviews, and Financial tracking (Weekly, Monthly, or ad-
- Ability to accurately track delivery metrics relating to RAID, delivery schedule, formal change
management, and financials.
- Contributes to the tracking of Group IT Key Performance Indicators, across the portfolio of
work (not restricted to specific project or programme assignment).
- Assists project or programme manager with the development and timely maintenance of the
plan and its milestones, to meet reporting requirements.
- Proactively monitors and tracks the status of milestones and tasks, seeking confirmation of
status from team members, and escalating to the PM when tasks or milestones are
imminently due or late.
- Ability to extract schedule information to provide reporting mechanisms and formats
appropriate to needs of audience.
- Ensure project or programme stakeholder map, contacts and distribution lists are current.
- Supports the disseminate of accurate information regarding the project or programme
delivery provided by the programme or project manager or project specialists (e.g. technical
lead or product specialist) as required, taking into account audience needs and utilising a
range of communication tools and mechanisms as suitable for content and audience under
the direction of the project or programme manager.
- Demonstrates ability to ask perceptive questions that ensure a clear understanding of the key
messages to share to protect delivery status and provide assurance to stakeholders.
- Supports the maintenance of the PO Tracker (part of the Financial Tracker workbook) to
support the accurate tracking and oversight of project or programme finances.
- Understands where their project or programme fits within the current capital programme and
recognises appropriate use of cost code(s).
- Provides support in gathering information to help programme or project manager with monthly
financial reporting and creation or update to the Business Case.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven track record for planning, executing, controlling and closing projects and the ability to
manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Experience in managing the complete lifecycle of a project with project teams of 100+ people.
- Experience in project management using AGILE, PMBOK or PRINCE2 methodology (or
equivalent) for medium to large-sized projects.
- Strong skills in creating and maintaining project and programme plans, including risks,
actions, issues and dependencies.
- Knowledge of benefits and dependency mapping, risk management and resource planning.
- Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS projects.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations.
- Experience in Programme and project-level financial management.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in efficient Change Management methods.
Role Competency Levels
Competency – Level
Customer Focus – 5
- Innovations and Change – 4
- Analysis and Decision Making – 4
- Teamwork and Leadership – 5
- Drive for results – 5
- Integrity and commitment – 5
- Communicating and Influencing – 4
- Equality, Diversity and Respect – 4
The above scoring is on a scale of 1-5.
Specific Role Competencies
- At least 6 to 7 years of relevant project management or PMO management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or management domain.
- PMI-PMP, PRINCE2 Practitioner, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP™) or equivalently
qualified in similar project management methodologies. Agile certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge of the property industry and business processes is an asset.
- Strong Project Management Expertise: Possesses extensive knowledge and expertise in
program and project management, portfolio management, and systems development lifecycle