Responsible for the design, administration, security, installation and troubleshooting complex enterprise-class data and voice networks. Performs network hardware/software installations and upgrades. Performs daily health checks on systems and continuously monitors data links and network services and devices, updates and maintains logs and documentation.
Major Job Activities
- Architect, implement, manage, and secure global LAN/WAN and wireless platforms supporting a complex data and voice infrastructure.
- Configuration, installation and troubleshooting network connectivity equipment including but not limited to both physical and virtual firewalls, switches, routers, WAN accelerators and load balancers.
- Participate in cyber security design, monitoring and implementation.
- Troubleshoot, remediate, and ensure high availability of enterprise voice and data platforms.
- Create and maintain documentation of network topology and inventory as well as design and operation of platforms and procedures.
- Monitor and report network performance, report and troubleshoot outages, and schedule upgrades to optimize network operation and security.
- Monitor, manage and respond to incidents reported though ticketing system on a daily basis.
- Create and manage Microsoft Azure network security groups, application gateways and load balancers.
- Serve as one of the primary points of contact for telecommunication carriers and service providers and coordinate circuit design, provisioning, installation and troubleshooting.
- Provide Tier II/III support to end-users and other members of the IT team and act as act as senior technology subject matter expert to junior technicians.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Material & Equipment Directly Used
Personal computer, printers, network equipment and electronic test equipment and other general office equipment
Works in a general office environment including computer rooms and may on occasion outdoor work environment.
Candidate must be able to physically withstand heat.
College degree, technical degree beneficial.
Two of the following certifications are required:
- Attended ECMS1 (Engineering Cisco Meraki Solutions 1) Training
- Attended ECMS2 (Engineering Cisco Meraki Solutions 2) Training
- Certified Meraki Networking Operator (CMNO)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Cybersecurity Associate (PCCSA)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Administrator (PCNSA)
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
- Cisco Certified Security Professional (CSSP)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP)
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
- (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- (ISC)2 Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
- (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- ISACA Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
- ISACA Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- CompTIA Certifications (A+, Network+, Security+, Server+)
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCAI)
- GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- GIAC Certified Firewall Analyst (GCFW
Minimum5 years’ experience in a similar role with direct hands-on experience leading installation and management of complex large-scale enterprise networks. Expertise in routing and switching is essential along with extensive knowledge of network security, VoIP and firewall administration. Experience with Cisco Meraki switches and security devices along with Microsoft Azure networking is desired.
Expertise with specific hardware/software shall include but not limited to;
- Cisco Meraki switches, security and SD-WAN and wireless access points
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches,
- KEMP Load Balancers
- Riverbed SteelHead Appliances
- Palo Alto Firewalls,
- SolarWinds NPM,
- AudioCodes Mediant Session Border Controllers (SBCs)
Strong communication skills, capable of effectively communicating technical information in English, both written and verbal is essential.