Company: Emaar Properties
Department: Information Technology
Reporting To: Manager, Systems
The job holder is responsible to support end-users using VDI environment, optimize productivity of VDI Infrastructure and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the VDI infrastructure and related applications
- Systems administration responsibilities include server and desktop OS, VMware /Citrix, applications-related administration, virtualization technologies, systems monitoring/management. Develop and provide specifications for server and desktop hardware, OS, and software configurations.
- Maintains security in accordance with company and divisional security directives, deploy, maintain, and enhance the security of server and desktop systems through administrative, preventive, detective, and reactive controls, such as change and configuration management, anti-virus measures, patch management, and system scans. Participate in BCP and/or Audit program initiatives as needed.
- Receives work assignments through the “ticketing system”, Lead Administrators, or management.
- Performs server hardware/software installation and maintenance tasks. These tasks range from standard in nature to complex.
- Installs and maintains infrastructure management tools.
- Provides advanced problem identification and resolution support services as well as performance monitoring and capacity planning support.
- Plays a support role in the development and implementation of departmental workflow automation processes and procedures.
- Required to provide on-call support during off-duty hours on weekdays, weekends, and holidays on a scheduled/rotating basis
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- University degree in the field of computer science
3 years’ work experience in Microsoft Windows technology
- Advanced working knowledge of Current VMware Horizon, Citrix Cloud, and Azure AVDs.
- Windows operating systems and associated components with proficiency in installation, maintenance, and operational support in large scale enterprise environments.
- Advanced working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows operating systems and associated components with proficiency in installation, maintenance, and operational support in large scale enterprise environments.
- Advanced working knowledge of Citrix technologies.
- Advanced working knowledge of networking troubleshooting (Wireshark, Nirsoft, etc…) and best practices.
- Strong working knowledge of Azure NSGs and Firewalls.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into Windows issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.